YOURISM PACKAGE BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: 18 February 2020
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the https://www.yourism.co.uk website and the My Mobile App (change this) mobile application (the “Service”) operated by Yourism (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. In these Booking Conditions references to “you” and “your” include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or transferred.
- Bookings and payments
By making a booking, the named person on the booking agrees on the booking that:
- he/she has read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
- he/she is over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- he/she does not suffer from any pre-existing medical condition or disability which may prevent them from actively participating in the tour – if any person suffers from any medical condition or disability which will or may affect their tour arrangements, please contact us before making your booking .
- A booking is made with us when you pay us a deposit (or full payment if you are booking within 31 days of departure or in respect of certain arrangements where full payment is required up front regardless of the point at which the booking is made) and we issue you with a booking confirmation. We will inform you of the payments that are required at the time you make your booking.
- A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have issued you with a booking confirmation that will confirm the details of your booking and will be sent to you.
- The balance of the cost of your arrangements is due not less than 21 days prior to scheduled start of the trip. If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which we will credit your original deposit to an another trip (see clause 2).
Adequate travel Insurance is mandatory and is a condition of your contract with us. You are responsible for arranging your own insurance cover. You are responsible for ensuring that you have alternative personal travel insurance with protection for the full duration of the tour in respect of at least medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, with adequate and appropriate cover. We recommend that you ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting or excluding protection for the type of activities included in your tour. You should satisfy yourself that the travel insurance you purchase meets your particular requirements and should arrange supplementary insurance if need be.
We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in any advertising material that we publish are accurate, however occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the arrangements that you wish to book before you make your booking.
- Changes or cancellations to your holiday made by us
- Yourism reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
- If changes or cancellations are due to force majeure we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances”, meaning any event beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
- Yourism is not responsible for the cost of any other travel arrangements affected due to cancellation or the rescheduling of any holiday.
- Cancellations or changes made by YOU
- The FlexDeposit will be applied as a discount on the final payment of your new trip. The amount allowed to be redeemed is equal to the original deposit amount paid. In the case of multiple deposits due to back to back trips, only one deposit amount can be credited per trip. The credit is valid for up to a year.
- Cutting your holiday short
If you are forced to return home early, we cannot refund the cost of any travel arrangements you have not used. If you cut short your holiday and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint about the standard of accommodation and services provided, we will not offer you any refund for that part of your holiday not completed, or be liable for any associated costs you may incur. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may offer cover for curtailment and we suggest that any claim is made directly with them.
- Your Behaviour
There may be times when the Yourism Representative has to make a decision in your best interests or the best interests of their group. You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed Yourism Representative and the laws of the country in which you are travelling. If you do not so comply or if, in the Yourism Representative’s opinion, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of other members on the holiday or smooth operation of the holiday itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the holiday. Furthermore, you agree that your fellow travellers and any Yourism Representative have the right to travel/work in a safe environment. Any threats to their safety, well being or inappropriate behaviour by you, whether verbal or physical, will be taken extremely seriously and may result in the immediate termination of your holiday. In such event, you will be responsible for your own repatriation and related costs and have no claims against us.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your contracted arrangements with us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
- Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements & Health Formalities
It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.
- Prompt Assistance
If, whilst you are taking part in your tour, you find yourself in difficulty for any reason, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is appropriate in the circumstances. In particular, we will provide you with appropriate information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, and assistance with distance communications and finding alternative travel arrangements. Where you require assistance, which is not owing to any failure by us, our employees or sub-contractors we will not be liable for the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or other such assistance you require. Any supplier, airline or other transport supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and you should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these Booking Conditions, we will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges you incur in the above circumstances, if you fail to obtain our prior authorisation before making your own travel arrangements. Furthermore, we reserve the right to charge you a fee for our assistance in the event that the difficulty is caused intentionally by you or a member of your party, or otherwise through your or your party’s negligence.
You agree that our Yourism Representatives may take photographs and films of you while you are on holiday and that these may be used in our Group brochures and/ or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
- Force Majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to (actual or threatened) war, civil strife terrorist activity and its consequences, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned control.
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Booking Terms and Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.